Lavelle Industries is looking for the absolute best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals as an Engineering Technician! Due to our growth, we are recruiting for a newly created position: Engineering Technician. This individual will support the Operations & Engineering team. They will support, help develop and implement application of Lean principles, PDSA discipline, and problem solving tools to production while driving process improvement efforts throughout production operations. If you have a passion for driving quality and productivity improvements this is a great opportunity for you! The successful candidate must be able to quickly respond to problem solving and trouble-shooting needs in the manufacturing floor and support engineers as directed to find and implement improvements, measure and monitor effectiveness of changes, while fostering a team-oriented environment focused on the PDSA process (plan, do, study, act).
Responsibilities will include:
- Support NPL process as needed.
- Able to write and train on JI’s following TWI principles
- Assist and support Process Techs as required
- Hands on support to daily engineering activity such as PDSA’s and Tooling qualification.
- Support engineering team in CAR process. i.e. 5-Why, root cause analysis support, DOE, etc.
- Able to conduct Time Studies, review Standard Work and drive improvements
- Assist manufacturing engineers in their key projects as assigned by Engineering Manager
- Help incorporate lean principles into process improvement involving production operators, group leads, and supervisors.
- Utilize strong trouble shooting knowledge to lead efforts to improve existing manufacturing processes with the outcome of improved quality, reduced cost, and increased productivity.
- Work with Quality and Operations to develop and support optimal work cells.
- Have the ability to analyze molds, de-molding equipment and methods to find failure modes and resolve them
- Promote the use of problem solving through the utilization of lean tools such as PDSA, 5-Why, A3, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
The successful Engineering Technician candidate will have:
- 5+ years of hands on manufacturing support in a manufacturing facility
- Strong mechanical aptitude and interest
- Effective and collaborative teamwork skills
- Problem solving and proven successful trouble shooting experience with ability to use specific production charts
- Solid understanding of Rubber Injection and Rubber Transfer processes
- Experience in process improvement projects and manufacturing practices change implementation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.