Lavelle Industries, an expert in the plumbing industry and a leader in manufacturing high quality performance rubber parts since 1912! At Lavelle we believe in continued learning, visible problem solving and helping our employees grow. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including an on-site FREE health clinic, flexible scheduling, casual attire and/or uniforms, and paid vacation and holidays. Did we mention our aim is to "Stay in business forever and have fun!”
We are seeking a Second Shift Manufacturing Supervisor in the Whitewater plant. The Supervisor will manage shift production in achieving safety, quality, performance and improvement goals. They will provide strong leadership to the team, manage according to the established policies and procedures to meet customer specifications and demand. The hours for this position are 3:30PM – 12:30AM and reports to the Plant Manager.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the shift, including all production and support departments, to achieve daily and weekly production targets.
- Develop and adhere to standard work. Audit adherence to standard work for shift associates, team leads and production employees; update as needed.
- Following the established Gemba Walk procedure, perform regular daily audits of key processes to ensure optimum process performance.
- Respond to production problems with hourly and salaried personnel to assure a continuing flow of product. Utilize formal problem-solving methodologies (5-WHY, PDSA) to discover and eliminate root cause.
- Develop and implement action plans to meet department goals in areas of OEE, safety and 5S. Work with employee teams, establish and lead improvement initiatives.
- Maintain department and work team metrics utilizing visual management techniques. Ensure all direct reports understand their metrics and how they impact/improve each metric.
- Collaborate with production planners to set work priorities to satisfy customer demand.
- Coach both salaried and production employees to achieve the shift goals.
- Execute production schedules and alter the production course when necessary.
- Conduct responsibilities in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations as well as Lavelle Industries policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to employees, including performance feedback.
- Maintain discipline through employee adherence to policies and procedures.
- Cultivate a team approach and encourage employee involvement in continuous improvement activities.
- Make independent decisions with sound judgement.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work in priority order SQDC – Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent.
- Prior leadership position in a manufacturing environment – 5 years minimum.
- Computer proficiency required (MS Office Suite experience preferred).