Lavelle Industries, an expert in the plumbing industry and a leader in manufacturing high quality performance rubber parts since 1912! At Lavelle we believe in continued learning, visible problem solving and helping our employees grow. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including an on-site FREE health clinic, flexible scheduling, casual attire and/or uniforms, and paid vacation and holidays. Did we mention our aim is to "Stay in business forever and have fun!”
We are looking for qualified candidates for the position of Maintenance Technician for our Burlington facility. Lavelle is a rubber products manufacturer utilizing compression, transfer and injection molding presses supported by an internal mixing operation. Our environment is fast-paced, and we rely on our talented and committed teams to produce quality products for our diverse group of customers.
Our Maintenance Technicians work to ensure our equipment is running at maximum uptime by performing both preventive and reactive maintenance work. At Lavelle, we value troubleshooting ability and creative thinking to solve problems.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and install Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic systems to provide the maximum uptime possible.
- Perform work following all plant safety and environmental policies.
- Respond to work orders, troubleshoot equipment, and identify manpower, parts and tools to complete repairs.
- Execute preventive maintenance work orders, including providing required documentation.
- Work with Engineering Team members on new equipment installations and equipment upgrades.
- Work on a variety of improvement projects as identified by supervisors, employees and within the maintenance department.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, welding equipment and material handling equipment to perform duties.
- Maintain working areas in clean and orderly condition.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5-10 years’ experience in an Industrial Maintenance role.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- An Industrial Maintenance degree or certification is a plus!
- A Team Player able to interact with co-workers and internal customers at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently to carry out repairs or assignments.
- Standing, walking, climbing stairs.
- Bending, kneeling, squatting.
- Carrying/Lifting 10-40 lbs.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching above shoulder.
- 12-Hour Shift
- Rotating 2-2-3 schedule.