If you are looking for a new position that challenges you, this position may be a fit for you! This position has physically demanding work and has fast-paced expectations, all in a typical factory setting.
Why Lavelle? Press Operators at Lavelle enjoy working for a company that offers long term stability, that values teamwork, offers a safe working environment with consistent schedules, provides predictable paychecks, and overtime if you'd like it. Our 3rd shift Operators also enjoy the independence, and working with a small team or alone.
Lavelle recognizes that our employees work hard! We may dress casually, but we take our work seriously. This means we provide a competitive benefits package that allows our employees to take care of their work, and their families too.
What will you be doing?
- Performing machine adjustments (startup, running, shutdown) needed to maintain part quality and production targets.
- Performing minor servicing of the press, including, but not limited to: feeding stock, spraying mold, and removal of stuck parts.
- Engaging in continuous learning of new skills and equipment to keep our process up to date and efficient. This includes cross training to gain skills in other departments, as well as training others within your work area.
- Recording and submitting production quality data for record keeping purposes.
- Contributing to our safe environment by following safety procedures and making suggestions.
What we ask of you?
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and use measuring devices.
- Ability to perform the job and meet production and quality targets on a consistent basis.
- Good attendance, dedication to work/company and ability to learn from mistakes.
- No experience is required, but prior machine operating experience is a plus.
- Minimum height of 5’6 due to safety and ergonomics.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in a manufacturing environment.
- Normal factory environment with exposure to dust, noise, and temperature variations.