Lavelle Industries is a woman-owned, privately held company that supplies many industries around the globe with custom materials and processing solutions for molded rubber and plastic applications. As an expert in the plumbing industry, our aftermarket products offer a variety of innovative solutions for plumbing and water applications. As a result of our outstanding performance in the market, we have identified opportunities for growth on our Corporate Human Resources team - that's where you come in! The HR Intern will have an opportunity to work with cross-functional teams and will gain experience in the HR concentration related to recruiting, advertisement, project implementation, benefits initiatives and much more!
The Human Resources Intern will report to the Recruiting Manager in our Burlington location and work closely with a multi-discipline HR team. The primary location of this position will be in Burlington however travel to the Whitewater will be required on a limited basis. The ideal candidate will be available for 20+ hours per week during the semester - flexible hours available within the office hours - must be able to work Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Administrative support for recruiting functions at both facilities; includes working in online applicant tracking system, screening candidates, and setting appointments for the recruiting team
- Candidate sourcing for a variety of positions
- Personify the "warm welcome" of the company culture through daily work and responsibilities
- Maintenance of team metrics
- Other duties and projects as assigned; may include travel and onsite work at our Whitewater facility
WHAT MAKES OUR INTERNSHIP DIFFERENT?
As an intern for the Lavelle HR team, we offer:
- Valuable work experience working side by side with HR professionals at various stages of their careers
- Exposure to the analytical, data-driven method by which we measure success
- An energetic, driven team environment
- An opportunity to apply your creativity, share ideas, design "the experiment", execute and measure the results of initiatives
- Casual dress every day!
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree focusing on HR or a similar field of study
- Ability to commute and work on site at the Burlington facility and Lavelle Industries Whitewater as needed
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALITIES:
- Motivated, creative problem-solver with a positive energy and approach
- Personable and open to working with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a degree of confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment - emphasis on Excel, Outlook and Word
- Strong organizational skills
- Preference given to candidates who have previous customer service or similar work