Due to continued and rapid growth, we are looking for an HR-Specialist. This position will focus on the recruitment and retention of a variety of positions, as well as support employee engagement, programming, and training initiatives. You will gain a variety of experience, including working directly with our major internal customers and leading a variety of projects, including social media outreach and development. The ideal candidate will possess a strong ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented and demonstrate a positive personality and professional demeanor. We’re looking for a true go-getter who is self-driven and always strives for continuous improvement.
- Recruiting – Ownership of the execution of recruiting for a variety of positions, including production, office, and more. Work will include supporting or developing unique recruiting initiatives, attending recruiting events and representing Lavelle Industries and our position openings during the recruiting and engagement process.
- Conducting new hire processes such as interviewing, offering, and on-boarding.
- Support the evaluation of the effectiveness of the recruiting process – initiate and/or support creative recruiting projects, cascade learnings to other recruiters in the organization and keep metrics for PDSA evaluation.
- Manage and administer requisition process for all classifications as needed.
- Make retention and recruiting obstacles visible.
- Maintenance of recruiting metrics.
- Other HR and retention continuous improvement projects as assigned.
- 4 year degree; Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, or related degree preferred but not required
- 1-3 years Recruiting experience preferred; experience with diversity initiatives ideal
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to portray self and company in an upbeat, positive, outgoing and personable manner
- Effective communication – written, electronic and oral; candidates with bilingual (Spanish) experience are given preference
- Ability to travel to community events and between the Whitewater and Burlington Lavelle facilities as needed
- Ability to maintain a degree of confidentiality
- Strong desire and ability to work individually and collaboratively in a team environment
Lavelle is a progressive, team-based organization built on a foundation of continuous improvement and employee engagement. We consistently strive to find talented individuals who are invested in the growth of our business, as well as their own professional development. Lavelle takes pride in the strength and ambition of our employees and our goal is to be a company staffed with individuals who are problem-solvers, creative thinkers and innovators.