Why Lavelle? An industry leader in rubber and plastic manufacturing, Lavelle Industries has been in business since 1912 – and is going strong! As a result of our outstanding performance in the market, we have identified opportunities for growth on our Corporate Human Resources team - that's where you come in! The Events & Marketing Intern will have an opportunity to gain experience in the HR concentrations related to recruiting, administrative tasks, project implementations and more!
The primary location of this position will be in Burlington, WI. The ideal candidate will be available for 15-20 hours per week during the semester - flexible hours available within the office hours.
- Being the face of the organization – this is a highly visible role that impacts the impression our employees, customers, vendors and colleagues have; whether in person or by phone, your work will be responsible for providing a superior experience for our stakeholders.
- Personify the "warm welcome" of the company culture through daily work and responsibilities
- Use your creativity to build awareness to promote Lavelle events and job openings
- Execute Social Media, radio and print advertising of Lavelle events and job openings
- Promotion and relationship building with the Burlington and the surrounding communities
- The point person for Lavelle’s events including creating and distributing the marketing materials
- Other duties and projects as assigned; will include travel to our Burlington, WI location
WHAT MAKES OUR INTERNSHIP DIFFERENT?
- Valuable work experience working side by side with HR professionals at various stages of their careers
- Opportunity to gain experience in different areas of Human Resource concentrations
- Exposure to the analytical, data-driven method by which we measure success
- An energetic, driven team environment
- An opportunity to apply your creativity, share ideas, design "the experiment", execute and measure the results of initiatives
- Casual dress every day!
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree focusing on Marketing, Communications, or a similar field of study
- Ability to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALITIES:
- Motivated, creative problem-solver with a positive energy and approach
- Excellent organization, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a degree of confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment and various social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat