Lavelle Industries is committed to Lean Manufacturing. To date, we have invested over $100,000 in Lean training, with over 50% of our employees having gone through the training.
What is Lean Manufacturing?
Lean Manufacturing is:
a systematic approach to identifying and eliminating waste (non-value-added activities) through continuous improvement by flowing the product at the pull of the customer in the pursuit of perfection.
Benefits of Lean
- Reduced cycle and delivery times
- Increased quality performance
- Floor space savings
- Reduced inventory
- Greater throughput
- Increased capacity
Lean Manufacturing Case Study –
Lavelle Whitewater Plant
Our Lavelle Whitewater production plant is a great example of the positive impact of Lean Manufacturing. By implementing Lean tools and processes, this 12,000 square feet facility has been able to increase sales by 400% in 2 years without increasing production space. This was accomplished by:
- Cellular manufacturing (strategically arranged work spaces to minimize waste)
- Inventory reduction (through kanbans with vendors)
- Increased throughput & capacity through standard work
- Visual manufacturing and production monitoring
- Poke Yoke (error proofing) methods for quality improvements
For more information about how you can benefit from our Lean Manufacturing processes as a Lavelle customer, please contact us.